"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

Photo Credit Air Assault 92G

As I busy myself with the happenings of this week, I am left alone in my thoughts often. Of course I have a menu planned for the dinner on Thursday which includes new recipes, as I try something new every year, but this year I am thinking of the cooks overseas. I am thinking that they are my secret heroes...as they are taking my job over and I am certain that they will do a magnificent job of putting together a delicious Turkey dinner! These soldiers must create a traditional Thanksgiving for soldiers from all over the nation. We have some mainstays, but the sides are often regional, and I know that this is where training will come in to play! I thank all of the chefs/cooks in the armed forces for taking on the role that we wives and mothers have done for so long. Thank you for all that you do.

While I wonder exactly what my son will enjoy on Thursday I will share what we on the farm are going to do:

The menu for Double Nickel Farm:
Turkey
Secret family stuffing recipe(my mom's)
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Deviled Eggs
Homemade rolls
Lime cilantro rice
Cabbage Spinach salad with oranges
Cranberries

Daily Dippings
Cheese ball and crackers
Veggie Tray
Chips and Salsa

Desserts
Cheesecake
Cranberry Bars
Pumpkin Pie

Activities planned for the day
Ping Pong Tournament
Mancala playoffs
Movie Marathon
*Its A Wonderful Life
*Westerns
~*~*~*~Sleep~*~*~*

Please keep our troops in prayer during the holidays. Most are only a few years shy of their teen years if not still teens. While you are at this remember to pray for the mom and dads of these soldiers as we know they are adults but they are still our wee babes too.

We love you son...
Dad Mom
Second Third and Fourth!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Thank you to your son for his service, and to you for being wonderful, supportive parents. You are all in my prayers as we go through this holiday season. I am the longtime girlfriend of a soldier and appreciate all that you do! May God Bless each and every one of you! Warmest Friendship...
Sheila

Humble wife said...

Thank you Sheila for your kind words and am truly grateful for the prayers...

Kelle said...

Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! Your set to have a feast, it all sounds so wonderful!

Blessings,
Kelle

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I worked in the Air Force as a Launch Control Facility Food Manager and one of my jobs was to prepare holiday dinners for all comers to my LCF. I enjoyed my job and did it well. I pray everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving no matter where they are.

Humble wife said...

Kelle- thank you Happy Thanksgiving day to you all
Adironack- you are awesome for your service...thank you. Happy Turkey day to you and yours.