"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Thanks

Here is another list of things I am thankful for:

I am thankful for hot soaking baths.

I am thankful for the sunrise each and every morning. Living with a mountain to the east of me, makes a sunrise that is indescribable and jump starts my day in awe!

I am thankful for a friend that owns an orchard. We are able to have organic fruit that is wonderful, canned, fresh or in delightful desserts!

I am thankful for farm fresh eggs.

I am thankful for farm fresh beef.

I am thankful for farm fresh pork.

I am thankful for farm fresh poultry.

I am thankful that I see things as potential...as a farm with limited funding may never get going without creative vision! I am thankful that my best friend sees things this way too.

I am thankful when I break a dish, as I am tiling my window ledges with broken dishes, and what an incredibly beautiful look the window ledges have!

I am thankful for the turkeys on the farm...silly critters chirp with me each day.

I am thankful for the woman who owned our home before us, as her angst in her pottery crafting, has left a zillion pottery shards and intact pottery here there and everywhere. It is almost like having our very own archaeological dig, and often new pieces come to the surface.

I am thankful for old tires, as they have been great for the goats as a mini playground, and as my garden in the desert needs some uniqueness. ps- the tires look pretty neat painted in eclectic colors, and marked down paints at the hardware determine the color groupings. Some day I will have all the garden tires painted.

I am thankful that some things confuse me, as I am receiving spam from my own email account.

I am thankful my son has one less day in Afghanistan. Each day that passes is one day closer to his return to the states. I am thankful that the camp near him just opened a PX(post exchange). The photos show that it is in the back of a semi truck, but it looks well stocked!

I am thankful to be a wife and a mother...I could imagine nothing else that would have made my life any more amazing.

That is my long list of thankful thoughts. Often I do not voice my appreciation for what I have and I am taking some time to do so, here on the blog.

ps...I am thankful for your visit to the farm!

Jennifer

2 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Thankful for your blog!

Humble wife said...

awwww, thank you Mrs. Rabe:)