"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Planning A Vacation?

Photo Courtesy of Yahoo

Then I recommend traveling to a lovely community in Missouri- Weston. If America of old and quaint, simple times are on your travel plans then you will not go wrong.

Weston has museums where you can learn about Lewis and Clark and how life on a farm was in the 1870's. Is shopping your thing? Well once again, look no further than Weston. Dining? Delicious... Have I mentioned locally produced wine and a pub in an underground brewery? Rest at ease with the accommodations that you and your family will enjoy as Weston has everything!

Are you wondering if I have had the pleasure of visiting this charming community? The truth is that I have not, and am not receiving anything for my review of Weston. I am quite simply an American who is grateful for these folks and how they stood up to the Westboro Baptist Church and their vile protest at military funerals.

Hundreds of residents in Weston, Mo. -- as well as people as far away as California and Australia -- rallied in support of Sgt. First Class C.J. Sadell, who died from injuries suffered during a surprise attack in Afghanistan. (source)

Imagine that- hundreds of residents...and that is from a population of 1,631! I love this community and those that rallied for Sgt. First Class Sadell's family during this emotional time. These people are folks I would be proud to be neighbors of, and most certainly would enjoy a visit in their neck of the woods. C.J Sadell leaves behind a wife and two sons and will be missed dearly, I am certain.

Sometimes a tragedy brings to light awareness of a strength and fortitude that one never really knew existed. With the actions of Weston, MO., each and everyone of us can take back our country, and bring back the values that have been rapidly eroding. America is a nation that has required a price, whether one understands this or not, and we must never, never, never dishonor those who have given all for Her colors to boldly wave.

I for one am absolutely hopeful that soon I can travel to this community and personally thank them, we all can show our gratitude by visiting and generating our vacation dollars locally, as they will not be wasted.

Jennifer
Mom to Bill-stationed in Afghanistan

4 comments:

Donna said...

Weston isn't so far from me, and it's a spot I've long wanted to visit when we're out on our motorcycle. More and more, I'm trying to keep my dollars local.

Humble wife said...

Donna- I hope you will share about your visit! I too am trying to keep my $$ local !!

Lady Liberty said...

Jennifer,

Your article captures the beauty of this community of patriots.

Thank you,

Lady Liberty
Gateway Pundit

Humble wife said...

Lady Liberty, thanks for your visit and kind words!