"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday in November

Bill is middle front row.
Thanksgiving is around the corner and I have been pondering what Thanksgiving will be like this year. I have a tremendous list of things I am thankful for and know I never express enough gratitude throughout the year...


I thought I would start today sharing what I am thankful for, so maybe just maybe, I will not forget something!

I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful that he loves me even though I am far from perfect.

I am thankful for my oldest son Bill, because he showed me the ropes on how to be a mom. He has been my silly billy for many years. Now I am thankful that he wears the uniform with such honor. I am thankful that he is my son.

I am thankful for my son Second. He showed me that everything was amazing, and his energy and inquisitiveness has been incredible to watch. Now I am thankful that he serves our community with such honor. I am thankful that he is my son.

I am thankful for my son Third. He showed me that life is wonderful and that his humor and joy has been a delight to be around. Now I am thankful that he is opening doors to his future and realizes that so much awaits him. I am thankful that he is my son.

I am thankful for my daughter Fourth. She showed me that life not only can survive ten weeks premature, but thrive. Now I am thankful for those years of tears, fears, and never giving up hope, because it has all been worth it. I am thankful that she is my daughter.

I am thankful for my life.
I am thankful for my home.

For today this is my simple thanks.
Jennifer


Photo explanation: I lifted Bill's photo from his facebook page:) Sometimes we mom's are notorious for things like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the people who inspire and refocus me on what is important by not only their words but their actions. Thank you!

LizinNY

Humble wife said...

Liz- I couldn't agree more. I find many that inspire me exactly as you have described! Blessings to you, and I am thankful for your visits to the farm!