"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Saving the Best for (almost) Last

Dear Mom,

I have a short list of thank you's for June 24th.

  1. Of all the things I have in this world, the two things I have carried since forever you gave me: you gave me- life and my name...
  2. Thank you for strategically having me near the almost last in the sibling group...it has been a perfect place to be!
  3. Thank you for defying tradition- pumpkin pie is the only and for the record, the best birthday cake one should have for their birthday...
I love you,
Jen o' Ben

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Dear Bill,

I have a short list of thank you's for June 24th.
  1. Thank you for making my life complete. I do not need one day to be reminded of gifts, as every day is and has been a gift because you have been in my life for 22 years.
  2. Thank you for loving me- crazy, short, sassy, and full of attitude...as is, and for that I thank you.
  3. Thank you for flowers nearly every day.  You are the most amazing of people and I cannot believe that you are my Bill. 
I love you forever,
Red

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Dear First, Second, Third, and Fourth,

I have a short list of thank you's on June 24th.
  1. Thank you for making each day since my 21st birthday pretty amazing!
  2. Thank you for not eating all the pumpkin pie and Cool Whip, as hey it should be renamed Mom's pie...
  3. Thank you for being my kids...it has made all the difference.
Love you snuggle-buggles for all time
Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen, what an inspiration you are---
have missed our chats....but the prayers still shoot heavenward as arrows!

You are a=blessed and an encouragement to us to find those blessed moments/people in our lives, too!!

[[[[[love n hugs]]]]]
Pat

Mrs.Rabe said...

Happy Birthday!

Pumpkin pie for birthday treats? Sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Jen,

thank you for the most wonderful years of your life which you have given to me.
I would be truly lost without you.
I think daily about you and desire to just hold you in my arms.

I pray you understand how much you mean to me.. you are my very life and desire.

I love you so much

I begin to tear up just thinking of you and what you mean to me..as my wife, and most of all as my best friend.

I love you

BT