"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, March 26, 2010

Out Like A Lamb!! (farm life reality post~warning:)

Twins Again! Ruth our sweet ewe, gave birth to twins last evening. Here is the little girl born at dusk!



Here is little boy lamb! Last night I thought he was all black, but did not interfere with Ruth as she was cleaning the babies! Isn't he a cutie?

Little girl...isn't this a sweet pose, reminds me of the figurines of lambs. For the life of me I could not get a photo of this one with her face!! No names yet...

9 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Sis. I am going for Goldie and Murray. I would say Frankie if a third and you didn't already have Mr Blue Eyes. Why Goldie and Murray you say? B/c the Wise Men brought gold, myrrh and frankincense and they are always standing next to the shepherds with the sheep in the Nativity. Cute eh?

Felinae said...

Aww...they are so cute!!

So the little guy tricked you, did he? is it just his legs and face that are black?

The little girl is camera shy either that or she's being coy. :) I like her pose too first thing I thought of when I saw it was "oh she looks like the lamb in the Nativity scenes."

Congratulations, they are cute. :)

Hugs~Fel~

Sunny said...

Isn't it exciting ?? I have photos of when we had sheep years ago. Only had them for about 2 yrs to eat down the pasture while hubby was going thru cancer, then went back to dairy goats :) But having animals is so fun, while you are physically able to do it.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh so cute and adorable!

Memories for a Lifetime said...

AWWW,,,just wanna snuggle with em!!

Mrs.Rabe said...

Sweet!

Humble wife said...

Anna -cute:)!!

Fel- yes the Nativity lamb oh you are right!!

Sunny- you are right so cute. I am happy that you were able to have the sheep- and enjoy the time, as I understand that everything has a season":)

Michelle- oh I know:)

Memories- oh me too and boy are the cuties!!

Mrs. Rabe-:)!!

Glenn B said...

And here I sit thinking of lamb chops! Shame on me. Then again, Lamb Chop would not be a bad name for one of them, wasn't that the name of the sock puppet lamb on that kids show years ago?

The lambs are kinda cute though I must say not as they are being born. That goes for just about anything and I have seen my fair share of animals being borm from fish, to frogs, to lizards and snakes, to birds, to mice, to kittens and puppies, to sheep and cows to my son. Birth is always fascinating though not usually very pretty - except of course for when my son was born and that was seen through a dad's eyes. Births are rather sloppy yet isn't it amazing how nature uses what it has and mama lamb cleans it up afterwards. No waste there. It truly is a cycle of life at play.

Good luck with the little guys and the rest of the critters on the farm.

All the best,
GB

Humble wife said...

Glenn- LOL lamb chops! By the way when we see a beautiful apple don't we drool? Same with lamb right? They are part of the chain...

As to births you are most correct, messy, painful, loud, and yet simply amazing. I am certain you can think about the day your son was born and smile this moment, even with all the "mess" And yes, Momma animals clean up every bit of the after birth as it is critical to remove the scent of the newbirth. When I first witnessed it, yes it was gaggy, but now I understand as we have seen coyotes in the inner circle of the farm and understand the need to do what mother animals do!!

ty so much!