"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Remember this Building?

I wrote a post about this building in my home town. I had no idea what it was~ only that I thought it looked beautiful with the mountains as a backdrop. Today I discovered something marvelous about this building! In the back part of the building and in the courtyard is an incredibly talented person who sells handmade furniture.
He makes bench rockers stained in some amazing colors~ this is the southwest after all!
And benches...
This side of the photo the bench rockers, the back side they are just benches. Don't you love them? My Bill~Jen smiles while typing~bought me the blue bench on the back side. I love, love, love it!!

I will try and post some photos of it in my home...soon. Just for now~ I am amazed at someone who can make something so neat in a few hours.



Oh and p.s.~ Many times we overlook our hometowns and think that they are boring or drab. I challenge everyone to look at your town the way a vacationer would- with fresh eyes, embracing the beauty that makes the community unique. If you do you may find contentment and even a *diamond* just awaiting you to pick it up.
Jen

1 comment:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Marvelous!

The colors are beautiful! Can't wait to see yours in your home!