"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, December 10, 2009

This and That (mostly that)

Here are some photos of things I see when drive in town...I love living in such a slow paced community.

This is Tenth Street heading east. Don't you love the mountain?
This is facing west on Tenth Street. I love the water tower, and the railroad is the reason our community began, so it is nice to have the original water tower right along the railroad tracks.


This is the same view as the previous picture just a bit north so you can see we have a zoo. I have only been there once because if you click on the picture and read the sign-you will understand! I am not a snake person~ugh!

Fourth made a snowman in a friends yard...and embellished it with what she had on her, a disc for a free icecream cone, and a bracelet she made! Cute isn't he she?

Here is the Space Center on the east of town in the base of the mountain! I love to drive up there and look down on the city and the White Sands. It takes my breath away!

I have never been inside this pretty pink building although I drive by it often. I really only noticed it with the snow and the backdrop. Doesn't it look wonderful with the mountain as its backdrop, and the flags off to the right?

Well that is it and I guess I was wrong, as this post was more about this than that!


5 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

What a lovely town! The mountains are beautiful!

Thanks for sharing "this"!

SciFiChick said...

Thanks for the tour!

Shane Rios said...

Lol i Like the snowwoman. =)

Shane Rios said...

i'll be sure to give my mom a hug. have a nice day :)

Humble wife said...

Mrs. Rabe- thanks for visiting!

Scifi- thanks for coming along-:)

Shane! I am so glad you stopped by!