"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fifteen Fotos!

My mountain never ceases to amaze me! This is from the snow storm on December 1st.
My teens...oops that is not Second in the middle! Where is Second? For the record the snowman is all man- and my third son gave the snow man awesome pec's and a six pack. Seems like all I hear these days is about the muscles a man can build up! Oh I love these goofs!

I made apple pie for Thanksgiving(and pumpkin pie- and cheesecake!)

A loaf of white bread from my weekly baking.



We lost power for 8 hours on December 1st- and had fun using candles...

melting snow to rinse dishes...


heating up soup and hot cocoa on the woodstove, and playing Uno, Mancala, and Clue!

I love this picture but I am pondering which side of the tracks I live on? You know the cliche~


New bookshelves~not even stained- tested with books and a student trying to absorb the contents!

This year's Thanksgiving table- missing the setting for First. We did put out his Turkey placemat. In just two weeks First will be home for Christmas- and we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and his birthday as he has his deployment orders for Afghanistan...and we will not see him again until late 2011.
My amazing Fourth and her creativity with the camera. Don't you love her pretty green wall?

ET's cousin here on the farm...he needs to phone home!

Kitty wondering what is happening!

Turkey trekking through the snow

And last because he is annoying...a goat that was a pet for a friend-until he grew too large. He is neutered and therefore just here on the farm for a few weeks to fatten up...and then he will relocate to the freezer.

6 comments:

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

What fun pictures! Glad you'll have your son home for the holidays. Enjoy him before he (snif,snif) leaves again. So sorry about that.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love the pictures. Man those mountains are gorgeous. shhh!!!!! Don't let the goat know he is heading for the freezer!

Sunny said...

Your post is so diversified, I want to comment om several things.. seeing the snowman takes me back to when my kids were teens, yes very creative! Love your pretty apple pie! Love your or your kids pic of books... I'd like to have time to read again. I did alot of reading when we were homeschooling #6! and.. one time we had thigh-high snow and one of our geese got itself snow-bound and we had to wade out way down in the pasture to rescue it!
Looks like your life has never a dull moment! Isn't it wonderful?? I miss those days...

simplelivingak said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. It is nice to come here and see all the goings on. :) Your blog is always a blessing. I feel we are some how close in spite our miles apart. In this time of grief we are going though it is nice to have friends to cheer you up as these pictures and your blog has done today. :)
We melted snow to do dishes and bath in the first winter we lived here.. it brought back memories and our cats did the same thing when we built our cabinet, they jumped right in before we could put anything in it. :)

Thanks for stopping by our blog and being a friend. :)
Blessings, Anna

SciFiChick said...

What a wonderful post Jen. Love the pictures. Especially Fourths green wall pic. It gets my vote for Best Picture Of Post!

Pat said...

As usual, your pics are BEAUTIFUL!!

I love your photo journal of your lives!!

We have a couple of friends going to Afghanistan in January...fine Christian young men. Maybe they and fourth will be assigned together...

Rest assured your family is in our prayers!