"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Come Home

Carl Larsson print

The world is an incredible place! We see so many innovation's that some days that I cannot imagine a generation looking back at us and seeing us as a society without. We have so much in the ways of medicine, of living, of entertainment, of well, everything.

I do see future generations looking back and seeing something we have done, as the direct link to the failure they are experiencing. You see in our nation we have drawn a line in the sand and refuse to step backwards (in our rational). Have you figured out what failure we have done to our descendants?

We have completely and wholeheartedly destroyed the family unit, all under the guise of money, learning, benefits, and equality. Wait I must add one more thing-this was all our choice! That has been the catchphrase that first pulled in women in the seventies to have choice over their bodies, and now it is neatly wrapped up as choice over their minds. Woman is all powerful, all supreme and therefore has fled that terrible place to be- home, in such large numbers that many people blink when I say that I have stayed home for all of my marriage. What? What do you want to do when the children move out? Don't you wish you were working?

Mind you among those who have voluntarily fled home are those that have had no choice, and if they did, most likely they would have stayed home with their children. I can think of several cases where the dad in a home was a deadbeat (or abuser) or died, and mom had to work. These homes should be a minority, as the design of a woman is to mother. Now don't get defensive, just think about biology.

As a stay home wife and mother I have heard every line in the book about why women should work, why women work, and why I am wrong. I would like to share some reasons why women should not work and offer this perspective that is not shared by American society, education, or even in the majority of our churches anymore. That last one surprised me the most, and inspired this post, as I received an email on how a church can make money- and the number one way, was to open a daycare/preschool as people in the church like everyone else, needs quality providers. By the way in my community the churches daycare/preschool programs have waiting lists, so this must be pretty accurate.

World War II began this trend of women leaving the home. The children of this generation saw moms out of the home and an idea stuck. These children were our Baby Boomers and never before were a generation more spoiled. The Baby Boomers then took the notion of a woman working a step further, seeing that she was not equal to man in society(pay) and the N.O.W. and women libbers groups formed. Bra's were burned, and women studies programs began in universities nationwide. Things that women did before, now in these classes were flipped- as if staying home was wrong, having children was oldschool, and caring for the home, was beneath a real woman.

The Baby Boomers were not the most spoiled generation ever though, as they spoiled my generation beyond belief. We had everything, and little girls no longer were given dolls but told that they could bring home the bacon (earn the money) and fry it up in a pan (meaning that they could cook too) leaving no place for a man. We were raised that men should change diapers and women should change the oil. Yet my generation was not the most spoiled generation, as when one only knows one thing that is what they do- my generation spoiled the next generation(now teens and in their twenties) worse than one could imagine. These children need a room to play in, a room to sleep in, a room for the computer, a room for the television, a chauffeur to take them to all their activities, cell phones, radios, mp3 players, scooters bicycles, their own cars, and a prom that cost more than a wedding in the 1980's. Oh and the reason so much more gets dumped onto the pile of material items for the children? Guilt. Plain old guilt, as our children need so much. Why? Because mom and dad work and guilt makes us compensate with material items. Or guilt, because mom and dad are divorced, and the kids are shuffled between two homes and parents fill them up with stuff.

In all that we have given these spoiled generations we lack giving them skills to carry them forward. They no longer have the foundations in their lives. We have had to lower test scores so much that the best scores of today are far lower than the worst scores of the sixties. These spoiled children have no idea of waiting for a new home, new furnishings, or the concept that marriage is hard work- therefore the rise in bankruptcies, credit debt, and divorce are through the roof. If husband won't let me do what I want- I will leave him. It is easier to get a divorce than adopt a dog from the humane society.

So where do we go from here? Well let me share some thoughts from scripture. In Proverbs 7:11 we read of a prostitute. Here is the description: She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house (emphasis mine). Biblically a woman who is not in her house (i.e. working outside the home) is viewed different than how the world sees a woman. A woman is not lesser because she is not in the work force. She is more, in fact in Proverbs 31:10-31 shares a wonderful way a woman is to be at home. Please read about a Proverbs 31 woman. The woman in this scripture works hard and cares for her home- from home.

When did we as a society transform that we give another our children to raise (during formative times) and believe that this is the best method? Who could convince a mother to leave home to bring home money so that the home would be pretty like Martha Stewart would decorate it? Who could convince a woman that the nurturing that she alone can provide is not that important that she need not be there? Who could convince a woman that things that the world has are now needs instead of wants? Who? Satan.

God designed the family unit first and foremost. God did not make woman out of Adam's foot, lest he walk over her, nor did he make woman from Adam's head, lest she hover above him, no God made woman from Adam's rib so that woman and man could be side by side, and she could nestle beside man. A woman is to be a helpmeet to man (Genesis 2:18) her desire is to be of her husband (Genesis 3:16).

Future generations will look upon our generation and our society and be horrified just as we are when we read of what Hitler did to the Jews. They will see our uncaring for our young as barbaric. You had a child and gave it to others to raise 9 hours a day, five days a week? They will look upon the numbers now over 50 million of children that never took a breath and will be mortified at the thought of who did not make it? Future generations will look upon this time in history and grieve.

Or maybe not, as the successful destruction of the family, the role of both the mother and the father has been so cleverly destroyed that most of the future generations may never know the truth. They may never know that God had a plan. So Christians the time is now. The time is to stop living in the world, stop loving the world as 1 John 2: 15 tells us- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him.

Come Home.

8 comments:

jAne said...

simply . . . yes.

jAne * tickleberry farm

Happy Hermit said...

I have always been stay at home , even when my first husband refused to work , and after he died , because I took a home trade and made jewelry and did intricate bead repair. I really , truly believe that feminist worked so hard to give us an EQUEAL choice , but somehow it was the CHOICE that was eliminated. I wasn't given a choice of weather I wanted to be at home or go out , i was often told i HAD to go out , but I rebelled in my own way through the acquisition of a highly marketable and profitable skill of the hands.

I honestly belive that to ask a mother to be a wife , mother , homekeeper and houskeeper and then demand she have a job on top is rediculouse. It is just asking her to do much more than is natraul.

These children being raised separate from their families are growing up with a dissociative state and loose their capability to correctly bond and tend to have much less compassion that any human SHOULD.

But this is my opinion and not some detrimental fact. Even when my first husband died I still mostly worked at home , and I spent what time I had outside the home selling jewelry , with my Baby strapped to my back , or my chest.

I really think that parents should be capable of taking their children to work with them (if they have to work). In other cultures and countries it is deemed silly of not dangerous to seperate mother and child at such an early stage.

Ladies here in normal jobs can get maybe 6 weeks of leave in some other countries , it would be no less than a year.

It just enflames me at times that the entire CHOICE has been taken away. That there is such a demand to seperate mother from child so very early. It will not end well I am sure.

_ sorry to droll on and on , this article just hit me in the right way _ mothers are needed at home so bad. Children without empathy grow up to be people without care for right and wrong , and that my friend scares me horridly

Humble wife said...

Jane:)

Happy Hermit-I am sorry to read of your loss. Yours is a case where we as Christians should stand and be supportive. As to your comment- spot on we are allowing our children to be raised lacking even empathy-oh what a terrible bed we have made. I love your comments so continue:)

Vickie said...

Shout it from the mountaintops! I was able to stay home with my children. I do work now, but they are in college & I'm helping on college expenses. We did without alot of things that we wanted in order for me to stay home. My husband and I were on the same page in that. Thank the Lord. Our children have grown into fine young Christian adults and they feel grounded and loved and cherished. I'd say 3/4 of their friends nowadays come from divorced families and they have known from the beginning that they would never have to suffer that way because of divorce. It was not an option. I thank God for my husband every single day and for my family. There ARE still some of us left and we need to Shout it From the Mountaintops! If we completely lose the family, we're done for. Great article!

Humble wife said...

Vickie- I like that "shout it from the mountaintops"! We need to loud and clear!

Anonymous said...

I will never, ever understand how Women got duped on this one! I mean, basically..we bought the whole painting the white picket fence/Tom Sawyer routine.
The Devil said...." You know what would be really exciting...if you added MORE work to your day. If you did the work of a man AND a woman...now that is freedom!"

Great post!

The time IS NOW and Christians better stop trying to live their "best life now" and start living a GODLY LIFE!

Many Blessings :)
Ace

Humble wife said...

Ace!I am so happy to see you visit! How are you? Have you started another blog?

I love how you wrote your comment! Some step up in the world--- work and then work some more! ugh!

Please email me and let me know how you are!
Jen

Anna said...

Jenn, I love working and it enriches my life. I don't believe I "have to" or "need to" stay home. It's my choice. And, in certain areas, you need two incomes. And, in no way is the female working force equal to the torture and murder of 6 million+ people in the Holocaust. C'mon, you're smarter than that!