"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, November 9, 2009

Snake Chronicles Part 2(warning dead snake pics)

Ugh!

Nine days after the horrific SNAKE chronicles- we had yet another rattlesnake. This one was not in the front(20 feet from front door), but up against the side of the house.

Ugh!

I know that my friend in NY has different feelings for snakes, and I try very hard to see the critter from his eyes, but I can't. I am still weirded out. In all my years of living in the southwest, I haven't seen as many rattlesnakes as I have this season. This one awaits the science lab jar too. It is too great of a risk to allow it to breed.

Ugh!
The most recent article I read on line about rattlesnake bites was a woman who was getting hay to feed her horses and a snake bit her. My mind is swirling thinking of a snake in the hay. Fourth fed the animals tonight-to include taking hay to the sheep and goats. Oh the dreams I will have because of the critters that slither in the southwest.

Ugh!
I still love New Mexico and would not live anywhere else in the world, but why oh why do rattlesnakes have to live here?

3 comments:

Jungle Mom said...

yuck!

laurie said...

OOOOOOhhhhh, Jennifer, I would not like that! I was worried about rattelers when we first moved out to the country and several local farmers told me hat they are "terratorial." They said if our neighbors didn't have them then we probably wouldn't. They tend to be across the river A LOT, but not around here. Hope they NEVER migrate here. We've had a couple copperheads, but thankfully no rattelers.

Glenn B said...

Another good dinner going to waste!