"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Small trip to Ireland


I have been so blessed to have been able to travel so much this year. Here is my favorite picture of my quick trip to a country I have always wanted to see.

Don't you love the green? As a desert dweller I was in awe!


















Okay I am kidding! This is my mountain that I have the pleasure of looking at each and every day! The monsoon season and the perfect haze over the mountain turned my view into something that I often think about: Ireland! My home is an oasis in the desert and offers me breathtaking views! I once again am thankful for a Creator that made this lovely place! Oh and without boarding an airplane I had a brief getaway to a place that I have only dreamed about- isn't New Mexico grand? If you travel to southern New Mexico, perhaps you can swing by and warp to Ireland with me!
Have a wonderful September!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Whoa Nellie! You had me hook, line, and sinker!! It really could pass for a view of Ireland. I want to go there too by the way. Some of my KIN is from them thar parts!

Susan said...

Our God is such a good God and I love the way you enjoy and "see" and appreciate everything He dishes out to you. Not all people do. Sad to say.
Susan

~~Deby said...

I have seen Ireland..from the AIR..and brief stop in a airport...indeed it is green...I do enjoy the beauty every terrain has...have seen some of the most beautiful skies when my parents lived on the desert....and here..the fir-pine trees everywhere...stunning....in England..the fields of poppies...In Italy..the Dolomite mountains that were viewed from our porch..in Turkey..the old castles...very very old from the times of the crusades....well isn't it a blessing to appreciate what God has created without worshipping it..but WORSHIPPING *HIM*...the creator.
Deby

Glenn B said...

You haven't posted in awhile. Are you sure you are not on vacation in Ireland?

All the best,
GB

blackberrycottage said...

Jen I would love to swing by and warp to Ireland. I have Scots/Irish ancestry and my hearts desire is to travel to both Scotland and Ireland oneday. Your hills in the picture sure do look like the celtic hills of far away on a misty day. I often wonder at God's decision to place us all where we are. I live in a tiny country that some people have never heard of let alone visited. Now our hills here in NZ...........well they are something else too.
Praise God for His handiwork. for there is beauty in the hills of Ireland, the hills of your home and mine.
Bless you,
~Sandra nz~

Pat said...

HELLO!!! Jen, how are you and the family??

Have not seen any word from you---keep checking back here....thot I would comment to see if you can email me or even update!!

Just got a little concerned!

HUGS being sent your way!!

Glenn B said...

Come back from Ireland - we miss you!