"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, August 3, 2009

I am Home

It is good to be home.

My thoughts are a million miles a minute.

I traveled in New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York.

I visited with my son, who is every bit the man I believed he was and more.

I visited with relatives and friends that many I hadn't seen in years- or had never seen in person(great nieces and nephews).

I cannot believe how fortunate I was to be able to take my son his car, as this trip then became a reality. Many new friends supported this measure and I thank them so much!

I have so much to share. I have been strengthened in my passion and love for this nation as I witnessed in state after state, folks just like me and you, that desire nothing but the best for us.

Now to fun-when my middle two were small we bought them a Little Tykes coop carWell we left it with a friend who was a mechanic~And holy smokes if he didn't make it road ready!
Can you believe that these cars are weaving in and out of traffic on the highways? I could not believe it and am trying to make light of it, but those who drive trucks(like we have an F-250) are limited in line of sight of seeing them.
~Scary to me~

8 comments:

~~Deby said...

Praising the Lord for HIS protection...and for the son that you raised....I know you give the
GLORY to HIM....
Oh...I was a bit jealous of your road trip....they have always been a favorite thing to do in the past...now..they might become a thing of the past...but that is okay...reading your was wonderful
deby

michelle said...

Ha, ha! That is so funny! Is it good to be home again? I am always glad to be home but then again I am the world's biggest homebody. You know the kind who kick and scream when forced to leave~!

Glenn Bartley said...

I am happy that you had such a nice trip. I wish I would have been somewhere closer in NY, I would have made an effort to visit with you.

Is your son staying at Fort Drum for awhile?

All the best,
GB

Kymber said...

i am soooo glad that you are home safe and sound...it must feel good...but i bet that you are tired...and happy to be home! take at least 2 days to get over this long, happy, wonderful trip...and then get back to being your true awesome self! missed you gurl!

American Prepper said...

Glad you made it back safe...Nice pics of the car..lol

Pam said...

Glad you're home safe and sound!The cars are scary! What a joke huh? Cute way to post about them tho!

Bustednuckles said...

That's quite a trip, you must be exhausted.

Jackie said...

Welcome home, Jennifer! What a lovely opportunity for you to travel!