"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Ramblings

I went outside early this morn to check out my gardens. It has been a while and Bill and the kids have taken such good care of them. I was amazed at how fast things have been growing. The sunflowers are so big and a few are nearing 4' tall!

Feeling Better News~I actually made dinner last night. What a great feeling! I made a lovely oven BBQ chicken, homemade biscuits, mashed potatoes, gravy and a dessert of lemon cake.

Oh and the farm that I thought would never have a beef on it- will soon be raising a beef to butcher. The pen was built yesterday by the guys, and it is really just a fattening up outdoor pantry! I think that the last time I looked at ground beef in the store and saw that it could come from Canada, Mexico, and the US, I thought to myself...enough is enough.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Susan

Humble wife said...

Susan- thank you so much.

minpinmom said...

I pray you keep getting better and better!

Humble wife said...

minipinmom- thank you so much!

jAne said...

Slow goes better health - so thankful to learn you had a few moments of energy. I'm sure it blessed your family. I'm sure it blessed you!

Will you name your cow? Friends of ours did - they named it "tri-tip." ;o)

jAne ~ tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Humble wife said...

Jane- slow going is all I can do. Boy this illness did me in:(But yes any bit of energy has been precious for me.

No name for the cow...although I like what your friends named theirs. I suppose Mat would be one, as I want the hide for a rug, in addition to the meat. But I must read up on tanning and preserving the hide if I want to have an area rug for the family room. Who knows? If not this year perhaps next year!!!