"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the visitors of the Double Nickel Farm!
This is a repost of what I wrote a few years ago and I think it says all I need to say!

I wish to take a moment and thank my sweetheart for making me a mother.

I struggle with many of the holidays because every day I am pampered and loved more than I could have ever desired. Thank you Bill for treating me so wonderful. Thank you for seeing the best in me(when often I only see the worst). Thank you for the children, I see so much of you in them. I love that I am their mom.

Thank you First for breaking me into being a Mom, you always had me laughing.
Second I thank you for teaching me that NO LOCK Or child safety product is 100% effective and that I am not as smart as a 2 year old EVER!!!
Third, thanks for being a combination of your brothers, one of laughter and of co-conspirator in all Second did...and still do:)
Fourth...thank you for letting me peek at God. You allowed me to see a miracle first hand, and I will always catch my breath in the morn as you come and give me a hug.

But to Bill, every Mother's Day I must confess that without you this would never have been possible. Thank you for giving me your last name for my own, and for giving me such an easy new name: MOM for the kids!

I love you Bill

6 comments:

laurie said...

Beautiful, heartwarming post, Jennifer. Have a great day!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Jennifer,

Happy Mother's Day!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Jen,

just read this again... and once again you bring tears to my eyes... I LOVE YOU!!!!

Thanks you for being such an excellent MoM

your truly forever

BT

Humble wife said...

Laurie- I wish you the same. Praying all is well with your gang!

Gina- thank you and wishing you the same!!

Bill-You are always so amazing. Thank you for making me feel like I am a queen. You are an excellent Dad...more so an incredible Husband and friend.I love you forever RT

Kymber said...

ugh...gettin a little choked up by this one...

i guess all that i can say is i am happy and thankfull that you are so happy! you deserve a wonderful family Jennifer...and they deserve you!

Humble wife said...

Kymber- thank you. I am not certain that I deserve anything. I am just grateful for all:0)