"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update on the Farm

We have had several request for bibles and I will be mailing out the first batch on Friday. Rest assured we actually have many more than ten to give away, so feel free to link to the post for others to have His word.

The White Sands are blowing hard today, so ugh!

The lambs and kids are all doing amazingly well. We are expecting one more ewe to give birth in the next three to four weeks and that will be it for new critters due to births.

I have my seeds and gardens all ready to go. Now to work and till the garden area that we have been prepping all winter.

We ordered more chicks...they will be delivered first week in April and once again we are looking forward to their arrival.

Our geese are setting on 7 eggs!! I pray that all hatch. We have no eggs from our Spanish Turkeys. We have 2 females and then the evil mean tom that attacks me all the time!! They seem to like him though. I had hoped we would have some turkeys this year from our own.

School news~ not much going on as everyone but one is under the weather. He is working and writing(and helping out so much!)

First now has his phone so we are in contact with him whenever he wishes to call. He has been very upbeat and is thrilled to be on the East coast.

That is all for the this and that's on the farm.
Jennifer

4 comments:

Pat said...

Great news Jen!!

Love that your farm is budding in so many ways...The cold is about gone here, so I have been thinking about some container gardening!

Do you have any advice for a friend whose eggs from the chickens are being devoured by a raccoon?

Better still, First and you can talk whenever!! So important!!

Love from the sunshine state!

Humble wife said...

Hi Pat! Yes we are excited to speak with First again!! I strongly urge you to container garden as much as you can. I believe that it is important.

As for the raccoon...our geese are our barn yard watch dogs so to speak, but we still lock the hens in each night and do a tally(which is getting higher and higher!)

I also suggest building something like a mobile pen for the birds.This way they are contained but they can be moved to fresh areas...I have always heard that once a raccoon has found the eggs, that he will not stop coming back around. So protect the flock...
I am so glad to read your comment I was under the weather and you have brought sunshine and love!!
Jennifer

Ace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wonderer said...

Jennifer -

I was excited to see a new commenter on my little blog, so I wandered over and am enjoying yours. :-) And, I was SUPER excited to see that you are in NM, maybe close to White Sands! That is where I want to end up - La Luz, actually. My in-laws have some property in the foothils, with a far-away view of WS - I LOVE it there! I hope you are well, and I'll continue reading. :-)

Rachel