"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Southwest Eggrolls!?!

We love spicy, southwest foods and so most of the foods we eat have a base of onions, garlic, jalapenos, rice, and beans. As we are still slowly recouping from a bout with the flu/cold/plague...I wanted to make something easy.

I had egg rolls on hand and pre-cooked ground beef- and an idea came forth!

Ingredients:
garlic clove- minced
onion-diced up
jalapeno-diced up
lemon sliced
ground beef pre-cooked and seasoned
cheese(I had mozzarella on hand)
corn(mine was frozen)
pinto beans
egg rolls
chili powder
egg


I took every one's order and made everyone their very own special egg rolls. Once I rolled all the egg rolls, I then fried them in lard, and served them up with Spanish rice and a homemade picante sauce.


Here is our quick and easy yummy dinner. I will make this again, although we do not eat many fried foods this was a lovey new recipe.
Jennifer


* Oh I had the egg rolls on hand because I was going to try and make something stir fry/Chinese food- because I wrote a post about the first meal I fixed Bill and it made me nostalgic.

11 comments:

~~Deby said...

oh yummmmm as a lover of spicy foods this looks great..now do you think ..you could have even made burritos, flour tortillas and then fry the burrito? would you think that would work, just wondering...I am on my way over...would love a side of guacamole too...
Deby

Humble wife said...

Deby- I am sure you could fry the tortilla, as taquitos are deep fried. Mine was of beans, corn, onions, garlic, and a bit of cheese, and it was still yummy.

Susan said...

Oh yummy!!!! You know I'd love these.
Susan

Humble wife said...

Oh Susan- I know you would! These were so so delightful!!

lady jane said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. In our house the food lends itself to spicy as well. :o) That soup...? I typically put in TWO jars of salsa but only had one on hand so I forgot mention that jalapenos were on the side too. ;o)

I like this recipe. EazyScmeezyYummy. Thank you!

lady jane said...

Guacamole, like Deby said. YEAH!

Humble wife said...

Lady Jane- yummy(two cans of salsa) and Guacamole!!!!!!A big delight here. Sometimes we warm a tortilla and slice an avocado season with salt and pepper and fold up...excellente!

MightyMom said...

nice to see the pic of First up there!!

egg rolls sound yummy....now I'm hungry!!

Humble wife said...

Sarah- yummy. Yes I thought I better put his photo up. He has informed us he will be in Afghanistan by August.

Pat said...

Sounds Yummo!! We LOVE spicy....Southwest/mexican is our favorite meals!! We also have cuban here. I made chicken and beef empadados this week, as well as a spicy beef and corn casserole one night (cornbread topping)....
And, we had bottles of hot sauce alwasy on the table!!

Hope you guys are over the plague....
(((((hugs)))))

Humble wife said...

Pat-hot sauce is a drink in this house!!! lol!!!
nope we are not over the plague- those darn rats! LOL