"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday on the Farm

10 comments:

~~Deby said...

I just love this sign---and so glad that I am going through that narrow gate...
hope you are feeling better

Joy said...

Is this picture from your farm? If so, did you make the sign? Is it near the road? Do people stop and comment? Tell us more. I'm really interested.

Humble wife said...

Deby-:) Still under the weather a bit, coughing as I type ;(

Joy- This is the gate to the sheep pen(get the importance?:) And no one but us see it as we live out in the sticks:) I quickly painted this after my sons made the gate as it looked so bland and drab.

I have a different photo of this on my lower right side bar and decided to take one more photo to share ib blogland!!

Susan said...

I was wondering the same things Joy asked. Glad for your answers. Neat sign and placement on the sheep gate!!! Thank God we are His sheep and that we hear His voice and the voice of a stranger we do not hear!!!!
Susan

Humble wife said...

Susan-Thank God we are His sheep and that we hear His voice and the voice of a stranger we do not hear!!!! Amen!

Joy said...

Oh the sheep gate is perfect. I love it! A daily reminder. Thanks for sharing.

Have you read the book "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23" by W. Phillip Keller? He was a shepherd for years and wrote about Psalm 23 from a shepherd's point of view. It was fascinating and gave me a whole new point of view to Psalm 23.

Yeh, I'm in NM too... out in the sticks too. Actually I'm out in the middle of nowhere which is more remote than out in the sticks. :)

HappyHermit said...

Nice.

Humble wife said...

Joy- Oh neat!! I have read the book in a class that I took! It was wonderful.

You know that I heard that nowhere was out further than the sticks...and now I have proof:)

Happy Hermit...thank you:0

lady jane said...

In these, the last days, is the time of separating the sheep from the goats. The narrow path indeed. <><

Pass the tissue, will ya? Thanks.

Humble wife said...

Lady Jane- yes the narrow path indeed. I'd share a tissue, but the plague has not passed me over yet...ugh.