"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday on the Farm

1) As four of the five of us have been sick the entire week, I will admit right now that the house looks like it needs a bit of an overhaul.

2) Sadly the fifth is dropping while the four of us are close to feeling only really really cruddy!

3) I cannot begin to get my thoughts out on the times we are in, and feel an urgency to share with others. The problem? Denial, or perhaps contentment. Just because all feels like it is cozy, does not make everything cozy.

4) Dirt arrived for the gardens. Yes we ordered dirt as to get to a volume of dirt we have to combat the Mesquite. The Mesquite is a wonderful barrier and even provided the space for many pumpkins to grow, but makes it hard to dig around. So we ordered dirt. I mean, come on it was dirt cheap!

5) Farm cat is pregnant. Perhaps in the world of Peta and the Humane society this may be a bad thing, but here she will be providing little warriors to live outside and combat all the vermin that LOVE to reside on the Double Nickel.

6) Pepsi disappeared. We called the pound and checked the streets nearby, in case she was hit by a car. Our neighbor told us that once he saw a van stopping and Pepsi was getting in, until he hollered and told her that the dog was ours. Pepsi loves everyone and wanted to go with everyone anywhere. So we are dog short once again. I am sure that is why the coyotes felt so emboldened.

7) The geese are doing very well setting on the eggs. Once again I pray that all seven eggs hatch.

8) Mary and the kids are still being brought in at night. I think that we are near the last night bringing them in, but we see them, as of course our livelihood, and therefore do not want them to die early.

9) I am going to find my clean home once again and feel better as I am not the best sick person.

10) We have met half of our February goal of bible giveaways. I am pleased to share that five people requested a bible! Feel free to share this giveaway on your blogs.
Jennifer

5 comments:

MightyMom said...

how are you doing? I know you care for Pepsi. Is fourth sick too?? I worry about y'all.

Donna said...

I still haven't had any colds or flu this winter. Of course, winter isn't over yet.

Susan said...

It's so hard when a family ALL get sick together. I am praying that ALL of you are well and at 100%.

I, like you, Jen, am trying my best to get the word out that we must pay attention to what is going on around us....not just here in America but THE WORLD.

Have a blessed Sabbath. It is a beautiful, sunny day here and we are having two missionaries speaking at our church today. We attended a Missions banquet last night and it was really interesting. We had a question & answer time and I asked the missionary from Germany about the Muslim influence in Germany his answer was very alarming. He even said England is about to set up Shariah Law!!!!! (WHAT? yes, you heard me right) and that Germany will not be far behind. We MUST pray.
Susan

Ace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Humble wife said...

Sarah-We miss Pepsi for sure. Fourth is sick and this will be a long recovery as I am still sick too...

Donna winter is past for us

Susan-all I can say is shocking and amen..Spread the word