"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, February 27, 2009

Sad Truth


I read as much of the stimulus bill as Jennifer's congressman.


I saw a poster a child was holding at one of the many Tea Party Protest being held across the nation. The sign she held had the above quote. Immediately I realized how very serious times are, and we better be ready.

7 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

I know in my heart these are serious times. I try not to read too much about it because it is so overwhelming. I think it is wise to plan ahead.

I also wanted to comment about adding protein to your diet. You had mentioned raising rabbits in one of your earlier posts.

I wanted to also suggest dried legumes. Beans store well and are easy to prepare and are full of protein.

Blessings

Gina

~~Deby said...

I am trying Jennifer...
Deby

Ina said...

Well said, Jennifer!

After looking at some of the same pictures, I found a list of President Ronald Reagan's quotes here: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/ronald_reagan.html

And realized how timely many of them are.

I wish more of our current leaders knew them. I plan to use some in my next letters to my Senators and Congressman.

Blessings,
Ina

HappyHermit said...

I agree.

MightyMom said...

by the by,

thanks for the comment! I've missed you ya know.

the eyes are the only thing I can say I had a part in. All 3 kids have my eye color..exactly (dark blue or grey blue or true blue or denim blue)

as hubby's eyes are a very pale light blue.

:-)

Susan said...

They had a Tea Party in Tulsa yesterday but it was not advertised enough and held on a work day when many couldn't come. They are going ahead with the project and hopefully the support and attention will grow.
Susan

Humble wife said...

Gina-thanks for the tip on the beans and legumes. Smiling, as I eat beans or lentils and rice several times a day:)

Deby-:) I know

Ina- good links, thank you

Happy Hermit- welcome! Thank for stopping by.

Sarah---I was captivated by your charming young ones eyes!!

Susan- I think that it is going to cross the nation...and will be more advertised for sure.