"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Reality of the Situation

I have been thinking often of the Jews in Germany in the mid thirties. I am connected to Germany for several reasons. A young immigrant came to this great land in the 1820's, and he began the line of the family that would bring me into the world. He was from northern Germany but always wanted to own his own store which he did by 1830 in the US.

I was able to live in Germany for nearly 4 years because Bill was stationed there in the early 1990's. In fact we added two more sons to the family while we living there. No matter what experiences I had there(everything as we saw and did everything)I cannot never forget the reality of what happened to citizens of that nation.

Some Jews understood the times and left Germany in the mid thirties. I am sure that this was an incredibly hard thing to do, and in fact I am sure many said to them that they are being too paranoid.

As history has shown those that left Germany were justified. The signs were all there, and it is a horror tale that is sometimes disbelieved or even out and out lied about today.

Friends the signs are here in the US, not for the roundup of any religious faith, but of massive inflation. The stimulus package was 15% stimulus and 85% programs such as food stamps, birth control, science to be named later and on and on. The economy is not going to be stimulated. Already I have read on line that perhaps a second stimulus package will be needed. Where do you think that this money came from? We borrowed it from foreign investors. In fact China is the largest of the investors. You and I will be paying it back, but our grandchildren and great grandchildren will be paying for more than the money. Dumping money into a problem has never solved anything. Homeschool parents can testify to how little we spend for the gain we see.

So in times where inflation is going to climb, I suggest increasing your pantry as I have said before. Buy food, toiletries and meds. If you have a place to plant a garden, then buy heirloom seeds as well so that you can provide some of your own food. During WWII Victory Gardens most certainly kept families alive. I realize that many of you cannot have animals in your city or urban dwelling, yet rabbits are often considered pets, so I would consider getting a buck and doe, as many during WWII learned that rabbit was easy to raise and the meat brought protein into many a diet.

I am not suggesting you believe me. Our President has even told us we are in almost catastrophic times. Economist are talking and suggesting buying gold. The dollar is not going to be important in a few years(or much sooner). I think often of the wives of the Jews that remained in Germany. They probably were much like me, and convinced their husbands that the move is crazy, why leave all they know? I am sure I would have been that way, and then being in my forties would have ended up in the "showers".

I pray that the reality of the times are clear and that you prepare for you and yours. I am most certain that parents in Africa have horror stories about hungry children dying, but it couldn't happen here could it? Please remember all empires have a shelf life, and America is no different.
Jennifer

7 comments:

~~Deby said...

Oh Jennifer...we sure are in trying times..I am trying to stay calm in my heart...but times just get so overwhelmed....
God is not mocked.
Deby

Humble wife said...

Deby~ the Lord has all things working out for His glory. It is troublesome if we choose to turn a blind eye. If it is not then we are like Joseph prepping for a famine.

laurie said...

Good summary, Jennifer. I just read the Dow could go as low as 3,000 this year. I can't imagine the implications and we all know it is just a ticking time bomb to inflation, probably hyperinflation.

Thinking about the women is interesting. I've read thaat when Rusia collaped the women handled it better. They got to work gardening or whateer could be done. The men tended to drink and fight (maybe that was in the video you had me watch?) Anyway, there is no reason for us to be caught off guard. The warning sighs are flashing everywhere.

lady jane said...

What an excellent post, Jenn. Thank you. I hope you don't mind if I link back to you once again. :o)

I re-invited you to my blog so hopefully this time it'll work. Let me know, okay?

Humble wife said...

Laurie-yes the signs are clear as a bell.

Lady Jane-I am fine with you linking back to this:) and I was able to get back in, then my computer hit an update:) I will be back over!

Susan said...

We can hear the ice cracking beneath us. BUT GOD holds us in the palm of His hand. It's those who do not know HIM that I fear for.
Susan

Humble wife said...

Susan- yes we do and my concern is as you said. So I put the button on my blog to mail free bibles. As I can do at least that.