"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nanny State


I am able to get on the farm blog and so far so good.

Now that I am on I will share some more of the farm happenings. Last night was like having a newborn all over again(except that it was three!) Bill and I were the nannies(lol) and every two hours we took the oldest two kids out to the barn to the mother. The runt did fine with the baby bottle so I held him and fed him most of the night.

Around 4:30 I went to bed as the boys were waking to help with the morning feeding. Bill came in and woke me at 8 am and told me that the runt was able to suckle his momma~cheering loudly yay! So when the temps hit 45 we took the kids out and left them outside until six.

Short, choppy and sleepy narrative made by a little bit tired farm wife!

Jennifer

2 comments:

MightyMom said...

glad momma didn't toss the kid away. I mean that literally. I've heard tell of momma goats picking up the runt of 3 and literally tossing them as far as they can

sleep well NannyJen

Susan said...

Good to hear from you.
Susan