"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dressing for Success

I saw on Fox News a week or so ago, that in this economy where jobs are tight, one needs to dress for success. No more casual Fridays or ill fitting clothing, as the best dressed will give the appearance of the most professional.

Well this all made sense to me, as who am I to question such logic? My employment is here on the farm, and so no more unprofessional clothing. I am working with animals and I darn well better start dressing like this is my profession.



Here are my work boots in a before photo. As you can see I clearly was not motivated, and gave the appearance of a sour dismal employee. When one works with animals one must be vibrant and full of energy and life.







Now as you scroll down, you will notice that I am secure in my job as I, Mrs. Farmwife, have taken to heart the seriousness of proper attire. I am certain I have protected my position for years to come!












So what do you think??
Jennifer

22 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Jennifer,

I'm a plain and simple lady myself. I think the black boots are perfect! :)

Gina

Humble wife said...

Gina...in just a few days the paint will wear off, and I will be back to plain for sure:)

Ace said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!

Jennifer I LOVE THAT! Personally I would have hot glued a pink boa and maybe some butterfly crystals just for an extra "pop" that says "Yes, I am a farm girl, but I am a HOT farm girl!"

I love that it will wear off, you can paint to suit your mood!

After seeing this post, I KNOW you and I would get along :)

Many Blessings :)
Ace

Mama Hen said...

Love it! I have some old green ones I think I will paint. Even if it does wear off it will be cute for a little while~

Humble wife said...

Ace- lol we thought of Bedazzling, but the glue would not stick!!!!!! Yes peas in a pod!lol

Mama Hen- go for it, as it does make you giggle as you go back to the barns and such! I know it will wear off, but then I am going to paint something else!!

Anonymous said...

fantastic!!

Jean said...

I love the creativity - wish I had thought of that when I was a farm wife. Nice!

Jean

Humble wife said...

Anonymous:)

Jean- well it is fun! I saw some Wellingtons all fancy and realized I was missing out!

~~Deby said...

OH I love the change...eccentricity is something I have always loved....to be able to swim upstream and and still be standing when the swimming is over so to speak....keep those boots..they are a treasure..to bad oyu couldn't use them like a dry erase board..and change the design at will...now wouldn't that be fun !

Humble wife said...

Deby- although I used house paints(as that is what is on hand:)

so I am certain that it will eventually rub off...then look out I am thinking floral, or ???lol
Jen

Pat said...

I LOVE your boots!!

I do believe you have the most professional work attire possible!!

Thanks so much for the smile you brought to me!! We all LOVE them!!

Susan said...

You are not only resourceful but so creative and imaginative :o) Love them. I think you should post these on Friday's Show & Tell if you have time :o)
Susan

Humble wife said...

Pat-smiling here from ear to ear! I thank you for the opinion as it is thought of highly here!!!Loved the picture on pam's blog of the girls:)

Humble wife said...

Susan- thank you! I guess show and tell is an idea!!

laurie said...

Love it!!! What a creative idea!

Humble wife said...

Laurie- :) wait until my daughter finishes hers!

MightyMom said...

I think you're a goofball....not that it's a surprise mind you.

:-)

Humble wife said...

Sarah- I know:? what can I say?

lady jane said...

This is great!!! :o)

I'd opt for the classic black but it's obvious you have more pizazz than me. I bet it keeps the roosters away, provided you have roosters. Or do you need a broom to shoo them away?

Humble wife said...

Lady Jane~ lol on the roosters. We actually do not have a problem with the roosters(most are for the pot, but a few are to maintain rare breeds)...

the stick is for the Tom turkey that has it in for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Pam said...

You're so fun! Neat idea!

In the previous post, the picture of your wreath reminded me to tell you that the one you sent me is still in it's place of honor on one of my kitchen cabinets witn some of my favorite Mexican pottery and some baskets made by the indians in the Amazon. It fits in there in my eclectic collection quite perfectly.

Humble wife said...

Pam :) I am eclectic so that works!