"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Come Quickly Spring


Come quickly spring, we need your lovely flowers to brighten our wreaths!


Come quickly spring, we need you awaken and green your branches!



Come quickly spring, I have worked hard this winter.


Come quickly spring, so we can be harvested!


Come quickly spring, so the wood can go back to the woodpile, and the dried desert flowers can be refilled with blooming flowers.


Come quickly spring, so I can go back to my old job, of watering lovely gardens!

Friends, I am ready for the color of the desert to return. To many the desert always seems drab and gray, as this post seems to give the impression. Even in the desert southwest where temperatures were in the high 70's yesterday we long for the change and the blooming of the desert that spring brings!
Jennifer

14 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Amen!

Ace said...

I want to see the desert! I will have to put that on my list. I especially want to see the desert at sunset....as long as I have a nice, big frosty drink with me.

Many Blessings :)
Ace

Humble wife said...

Simply Heart and Home...yes!

Ace...Oh the desert at sunset! Lovely, and yes we have our iced drinks on hand!! We even freeze water for the hens, as temps often are over 105 daily in the summer.

~~Deby said...

I think we all desire the change that the Lord provides...I live where it is gree all the time..but yet many trees are still bare...during winter and bushes are waiting their turn to sprout, not to mention all the beautiful daffodils that will grace the landscape soon...ahhhhh...yes...COME SPRING !!!

Humble wife said...

Deby---Yes for sure!!!

Susan said...

My buttercups are blooming....the first sign of spring!!!
Susan

Humble wife said...

Susan- hurray! I love the first blooms that welcome in spring!

laurie said...

We had near 70 today in the Midwest, YEAH!!! I think the desert is beautiful.

Humble wife said...

Laurie- Yay on the temps! I love the desert and have only ever had one complaint...RATTLESNAKES! uGh

~~Deby said...

btw...we just heard we *might* have snow here tomorrow in the Pacific North WET---would rather have the wet vs. the white anyday.
d.

MightyMom said...

it's on its way.

we were over 80 today...to be higher tomorrow...

Humble wife said...

Sarah- no kidding, the kids told me that we were over 80 today!

Mobunny said...

You can come to my house and see Spring.......our trees are budding and the flowers are blooming.

Ace said...

You freeze the water for your hens! That is so sweet! I put some ice in my dogs bowl, when he doesn't pee on my curtains because he is being vindictive (he is a vindictive pee-er)...since I keep geting pets with personality quirks I don't know how I would do with farm animals. I mean, I so don't need a chicken with an attitude or a cow with an air of entitlement LOL. HOW do you handle that, I have enough problems with the pom-chi I have :)

Wish I had a farm though.....

Many Blessings :)
Ace