"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, February 15, 2009

BFF

I am best friends forever with George the goose. No kidding. He sits upon my lap, he follows me everywhere gaggles(I think that is his dialect) to me with no mind that I do not have a goose to English translator. It is almost embarrassing how much he thinks of me. I remember we had a cat in Nevada that showed his love for all of us by bringing every critter he downed overnight to the porch for us to admire. We had to block the cat door because he brought in a gopher(well no I did not close it until the next day when he brought in a bird that was not dead and willing to fly for his life---ah memories)

Where was I? My real BFF has a little word play with me based off a nutty commercial we saw in Nevada. It was a furniture store ad, and the catch line was "Who loves ya baby?" Bill made this his own and off course as a giggly bride I always say...You do Bill!! Well not any more, I told Bill that I was sorry but George has put his name in the running!

On to a bit more of how odd a farm wife I am...Mary the little lamb that her mother would not feed, is most certain I am her momma. The sheep bleat in the back and she ignores them, I call her and she races and skips towards me. Oh I need a bailout to maintain my newly dysfunctional family.

One final Jen gem...I am the egg washer. I wash off anything that remains from the hen, goose, duck, or turkey. We have one midget turkey that has no mate that is laying an egg about every 3 to 4 days. I have been saving them to reach a half dozen, and every day while I wash all the other eggs, I have been trying to scrub clean one egg. I finally took Bill and Second aside and told them we need to charge $5.00 per egg for the effort of getting these clean...in fact I couldn't get it completely clean. Well they laughed at me and told me that the eggs are supposed to be speckled! I have once again learned something new on this wonderful farm!

Have a great week...I am trying to get eggcited about maybe feeling better. I am still under the weather as now my daughter is too.
Jennifer, George's BFF, Mary's momma, and the seeing spots lady!

12 comments:

michelle said...

I love this post! You sound perfectly normal to me former momma to chicks that i am! I loved my little charges who followed me everywhere!

Humble wife said...

Michelle...Honestly? I do!!:)

Humble wife said...

My last comment seems like I am question Michelle~~ I was trying to write honestly I do love the attention...sometimes I love punctuation more that grammar allows=o)

Muhd Imran said...

This is a funny entry. There is so much going on on the farm. My kind of thing... I love animals and had chickens, iguanas and birds for pets when I was a child living in my village then. Those were wonderful memories, a nice life.

Have a wonderful week ahead.

butterflygirl said...

That is too funny about the washing of speckled eggs! I think I would like a goose as a BFF. Love your blog!

Humble wife said...

Muhd Thank you for stopping by..animals do make life much more interesting~for sure!

Butterflygirl- I am blushing still to share the realities of learning as we go! George has already talked to me as I washed some things at the sink. He watches the house diligently for his BFF!! LOL

~~Deby said...

oh Jennifer...I am singing my friend Jennifer, had a farm, eiei-o--and on her farm she had a goose--eiei-o-----you can fill in the rest.
This was the sweetest post, REALLY--would love to see some pictures of you and your little ones, I know you are camera shy but sometimes a mental picture is just not enough--hint--hint..
Deby
We have lots sick in our church too...I think you have what Jim and I had.

Humble wife said...

Deby- Photos upcoming. With the computer issue the only way to bring photos in is through the email. **sigh** It's always something!

We now have the count...I am nearly over this bug, Fourth is down, Third just went back to bed, and Bill is sneezing...ugh. And the house surely shows that we have been out of it!

Glenn Bartley said...

Love that one. I had a cat like that once, it brought me birds, lizards, bugs, mice and I was afraid it would bring me a rattlesnake (that was when I lived in southern CA). Never had a goose, you got me there!

Feel better soon, both of you.

Humble wife said...

Glenn-thanks...I actually am a bit better, but now not only my daughter but the youngest son are down...ah germ warfare in a closed setting!!

Cats and snakes? I remember seeing a show with an orange tabby fighting a rattlesnake...note to self get more outdoor cats...lol

MightyMom said...

hydrogen peroxide will whiten any egg. even brown ones. and will take off the speckles. if ya wanted........

Humble wife said...

Sarah~ What will the side effects be? Perhaps the egg washer should just wear blinders when she washes the eggs...as this situation I was left with(dare I say it?) egg on my face!
Jen