"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Monday, January 19, 2009

Where is Carmen San Diego?

I am not sure, but I think I saw her while we were out and about this past weekend having a grand time!

Blue has made us all BLUE...as we all love him and he was perfect-except he caught one of our heritage hens. So our vet offered to assist us find him a family with no hens to live with. Sad, but the reality of the farm is that all animals and people mesh. I am most sad for Bill as Blue made an instant bond. But the fervor of the hen once he made one grab was awful. Until we drove into town he paced the back windows howling to get to the pens in back.

We went fossil hunting today! Boy what a peaceful getaway just minutes away from the farm. Once again we collected many fine specimens for the school. For all of you having cold and winter blahs, I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I got a bit sunburned. It was a lovely sunny day and we had a picnic out in the hills.

I baked all day Saturday...4 loaves of white bread, 2 loaves of cinnamon bread, 3 dozen pumpkin cookies...made Bisquick mix of my own and my own taco seasoning. Then for dinner I made minestrone soup for the first time- yummy!

Discovered that our baby goats we received in exchange for wood can jump up on top of the chicken coop! I wonder if the names Comet and Cupid(named by my lovely daughter) may have been the jinx to grant these kids wings! Who knows, but for now we are pleased that they wish to stay with their mother, otherwise no fence we have would contain them!

Oh and as a wound salve for the loss of such a good dog, Bill and the teen scene came home with the kitten of the week- dubbed Abigail. Photos to soon follow as she is a cutie.

On my other blog I write about President Bush and the commuting of the Border Patrol Agents...click here.
Jennifer

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

poor Bill. another doggie will come along soon.