"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Friday, January 2, 2009

Love Being a Mom!

[ This is the post I wrote on January 2, 2008. I think that a year beginning with humor is always fun, so here is something that my son did that still makes me smile. Last year at this time we were finishing cleaning out the house we had rented in town, while jointly setting up on the farm...So here is the post- have a brilliant day!]


January 2, 2008 As I have written we are still slowly in the middle of the move. It has been days of repairing the well, replacing the water heater, cleaning, cleaning, weeding, and taking 2 loads of stuff in the van, each day.

Today was too cold, so we are cleaning the rental. I asked my second son to clean out the fridge. Now I am at a moment where I love...love...love being a mom. Maybe some readers can relate, my son found an onion deep in the back reaches of the neverworld of the land we call the Fridge. This onion was in a bag growing.

Here is what it looked like:
Last year was the year we read only biographies and autobiographies for school. So learning does pay off...because Second laughed and said that this is Einstein!

A few minutes ago Bill and I went in the kitchen and we broke into tons of laughter! Scroll down to see why we laughed



















Things like this happen daily at our home. It really is such joy to be a mom to these kids!!! Next time you have onions think of Albert Onion Einstein!

2 comments:

Ace said...

Well this is very cute. At my house it would have been half chewed and smeared on the wall AND I would have spent three days trying to find the now decaying onion....

But I am glad your children can make art out of anything. Stop bragging already :) LOLOLOLOL Just kidding. This is so cute.

Many Blessings :)
Ace

Humble wife said...

Ace-too funny:0) Hey is it bragging when a science lab exists in the fridge??? From the dreaded leftovers that never are eaten????ScArY!