"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, December 5, 2008

Housing woes? Only for...

Housing market woes? Every day I continue to read of the fallout. I have finally found a ray of sunshine in times like these. On the farm housing options are subjective to behavior, need, and materials.

No building inspectors ensured that the conditions were up to some governmental farm standards. In fact rumor has it that many of the materials were leftover waste from other projects...
{If you look closely-you will notice that this 'window' looks exactly like an old refrigerator shelf, and the walls???}

Yet in times like these, the sunshine? Well the residents here do taste like chicken!
Jennifer


*building stage of first chicken coop built on the Double Nickel Farm*

2 comments:

A Steward said...

Hi,
Thank you for the encouraging note on my blog / column. I have just started it and hope that it will help others just as your blog is helping me.

We wanted to do the chicken coup this year, but haven't started it yet. There is the start of a building in the yard that would work well, so we just need a "work party" to help us.

I wanted to ask you a couple of questions:
1) I was wondering why you didn't have any Google or other advertising on your site to possibly bring in a little income from your blog?
2) I was also wondering why you didn't have feeds setup with your site? I found it pretty quick and easy to do.

Blessings,
April

Humble wife said...

April-
1. It is an automated system and I cannot guarantee that the ad is appropriate or meets the standards I hold on my blogs. I originally had ads on the blog which is how I came to this decision. I have no problem if others choose to do so. It is a personal opinion.

2. I do not know why/or how to set up feeds therefore I have none.

The best time to start any project will be never as one can always learn more and research every aspect. From experience jumping in has been most helpful on accomplishing things. The reason being farming and self sufficiency are hands on, and to really understand the behaviors of animals we needed to have the animals. We came in with some book knowledge 10%, determinations 40%, and 50% faith that we would be able to figure out things as time goes by.

Best wishes on your adventure. Remember conform only to the standards you have set, and not some preconceived notions.
Jennifer