"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, November 21, 2008

While Away

I am sorry for the unexpected lack of postings. I had to moderate comments on my Pen of Jen blog for a problem commenter, and sadly had to do the same here for the same person. I believe that if you dislike or disagree with a blog that is fine. I also believe that healthy respectful debating is wonderful, but I am not going to permit one to go "off" in such a way on my blogs.

Enough said on that except I did not publish most comments, it became a hassle to sift through them with the problem commenter being so wordy .

In addition, I must confess that I have been busy. Not with the normal November busy-ness, as we had our Thanksgiving in October with our oldest, before he went in the military~ no just farm stuff.

I am busy as a farm wife, helping with the mid-day chores, the house chores, home schooling, cooking, planting the winter gardens and preparing for the next monsoon season as flooding was our worst foe last year.

We are approaching our 1 year anniversary on the Double Nickel Farm and it has been a year of enlightenment for sure! I believe that by end of December I will have a camera to continue where I left off in the photo documentary of our happenings. I sure wish I had a camera now to share our Craigslist recent barter...we have four new goats(one is soon to have a kid!)- blue eyed goats no less, so finally something has blue eyes like me!{I have always wished for a compatriot in my eye color-sometimes I could not sleep wishing someone understood my eyes!!!!lol} Although once, when my oldest was about 4 he asked me what I could see, because my eyes were different than all the kids and Bill!

I pray that all of you have save travels if you are venturing away to holiday get togethers...
Jennifer

6 comments:

Pat said...

Glad to hear from you...
I have been praying for you!!

Blessings as you labor this week!

Penless Thoughts said...

One year....WOW. It is absolutely amazing what you have accomplished in one year.

We are just the opposite in eye color. Our's are all blue and hazel and no brown eyed beauties!!!

Penless Thoughts said...

P.S. Thanks for posting. You are missed when you don't!

The verification word is "rized" I found that interesting!!!
Susan

Peggy said...

Congrats on the new goats! You will enjoy them alot as they have a great sense of humor and very loving.

Mobunny said...

Seems like goats are always fixing to have a kid........or at least they always LOOK like they are!
Glad you got more critters.
I will enjoy seeing a year on the farm if you go that direction with pictures.

Cathryn said...

Hi There, Nice to meet you. I found a link to your site on Apples of Gold. The name of catchy so I decided to click on it. I haven't looked too much at your blog but I plan to. I had to smile thinking back to an unkind comment I got on my blog. In the end I shut it down. The folk were from my church - of all places. They are unaware of my new blog.:) I now moderate comments and actually I enjoy getting them. You know, I am pretty candid on my blog and I sometimes wonder what folk think. I don't do recipes or something called "memes" but I'm not against them. I actually print off a lot of the recipes I find. That simply isn't God's direction for the blog but I do enjoy writing what God shows me and lays on my heart. I hope you will come visit. I loved your wording about the blue eyes. Lord Bless, Cathryn