"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday Getaway

Today we went 16 miles up in the mountains to get wood. We have about a cord of wood, but we knew we needed more. So~ wood permit=$20.00, fuel= $50.00, chainsaw oil and 2 more pair of gloves $6.00, Gatorade and munchies not homemade= $10.00, trip to heat home for entire winter and extraordinary views( you can see Texas, New Mexico, and Mexico...) PRICELESS...

How neat is that? We heat our home for $86.00 a winter!!!

Oh and the views, I cannot relate. Living in the basin that we do, we see only scrub trees or mesquite. I forgot how much I love pine. Fourth and I collected several bags of pine cones, and I gathered enough mulch-style soil to plant a few of the seeds we collected. I pray that the trees will take root. It will be another blessing for our slowly becoming not so humble farm!

4 comments:

Memories for a Lifetime said...

Great!!

Love the wood fire smell!!MMMMM...

Hope your seedlings will do well!!

Jackie said...

Very nice savings! Good job, Jennifer!

Penless Thoughts said...

You did really well. I can't heat our house on that for a month in the winter. Good job Double Nickle gang.
Susan

~~Deby said...

WOW...I think you got your $$$$ worth for sure...what I love about Washington is all of our trees..where I live it is very much like Germany...
Deby