"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am not the President but...

I did grant one pardon in light of Thanksgiving~


Yes, you guessed it, Turk will not be the focal point of the Thanksgiving table as she was not big enough in October when we celebrated our early Thanksgiving.

In case you missed why we celebrated early this year(click here)...it all had to do with this cutie...
who is now at Basic Training back east.

Photo of oldest son was taken at the White Sands National Monument, which is nearly at my back door=)!

May you have a safe wonderful Thanksgiving

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

Hi Jennifer,

I'm so thankful you posted on Deby's site. I was so sure that I had bookmarked your site but it just wasn't there. I was trying to find your blog last night. I know I also commented on your cat because I have such a love of cats. But that isn't there either. I don't think I was dreaming. :) Anyway, now I have your blog name and address again. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Lord Bless, Cathryn

Cathryn said...

Too cute about the Turkey. Lord Bless, Cathryn

Mrs4444 said...

You must be very proud. Please thank your son for me :)

~~Deby said...

Whew...for Turk...close call...and I am sure your son is doing wonderful...you have done such a great job with your kiddos......thank him for serving..
Deby

MightyMom said...

aaaahhh, so, Turk becomes Christmas huh??

Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend.