"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, November 24, 2008

Good For Nothing



Did you ever have something that when it first came to light was "good for nothing?" Well for the Double Nickel farm, this kitty was good for nothing. He showed up a few months after we moved in.

But we didn't need him as we had two cats already. No matter, this kitty remained faithful to the family, coming around and well~ being a lap cat. Although we never allowed him indoors, he took up residency on the front porch. His persistence convinced us to give him a name. Thus Good For Nothing, became Bandit, and we begun to feed him. He is afraid of the tom cats that cross the property so he will flee, but he always returns.

Funny how in life the things that seem to have no real purpose end up having the most value. Being a conditioned materialistic American, I had little or no purpose with God. Funny thing was no matter how much I ignored or placed God on the back burner, He remained faithful to me, a sinner. It turned out that I was the good for nothing, that had a faithful Saviour who knew everything about me, and paid for my worthlessness irregardless. It kind of makes me look into the mirror in a new light. It seems as if I too have a name, and He knows me.
Jennifer

6 comments:

Kristie said...

I can't remember if I already left a comment!! I know I was going to, but don't know if I did. oops!!

Anyway, the kitty is so cute, reminds me of my kitty Jade. And this is a great post, very comforting to know that our saviour loves each of us and cares about each of us...

Penless Thoughts said...

Oh I love the truth in this post Jen. He loves us so!!!!!
Susan

~~Deby said...

Amen....
Happy Thanksgiving dear friend..
Deby

*~♥Verja♥~* said...

You have amazing photography skills! Wow!

I have a photography blog. In case anyone wants to see my little snapshots.

www.frozenmomentsoflife.blogspot.com

Wow. I love your pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Love the parallel in this post. God does not NEED us, but he loves us and calls us by name!

Mrs4444 said...

Jennifer, you are brilliant. I'm adding you to my reader and linking to you tomorrow. :)