"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Snuggly

(this is not our woodstove as my camera is out of commission)
After sharing how hot it was here in New Mexico, we had our first real spell of winter! Therefore we have the woodstove warming the house as I type! I even broke out my slippers that I crocheted last winter!

I posted on Pen of Jen about our addition to the farm yesterday, but I will share here today. We bought 14 ducks for $15.00. This was a wonderful deal, and this morning during chores we already found a duck egg. Pumpkin cookies will be made with this egg=).

I am linking a post of a blogger that is having a challenge that sounds fun. I do not agree with a bit of the political leanings on her blog, but the Pioneer Week challenge sounds fun, especially for homeschool families. Check out her challenge.

If you are a Little House on the Prairie fan, this will be fun. I think that the Double Nickel family may try this!
Jennifer

3 comments:

Crunchy Chicken said...

I'm glad yesterday's post didn't scare you off! Welcome to the wagon train :)

Humble wife said...

Thanks Crunchy!

Mobunny said...

I want a duck egg pumpkin cookie!