"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mammoth Pumpkins...edited:)

I wish I had the camera. We are going to try and take a cell phone photo of the pumpkins that we harvested. These pumpkins remind us of Jonah, as we neither planted nor watered them. They grew in the Mesquite bushes on the property, after being(seeds in slops) moved from the pens(as slops) by flood waters.

We have 28 pumpkins!!! We brought the remainder in last eve as it froze the night before and it did freeze last night too. The final 5 were gigantic mammoth pumpkins. One is bigger than a enamel canning kettle. Remember this, these pumpkins did not grow on the ground but up in the snarled poky branches high up...some 5 feet high. God is amazing because now we know how to grow in the desert and keep varmints away until we get fencing.

So another day of making pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds, and the likes!
Jennifer

oops I originally wrote Job instead of Jonah...I don't know what I was thinking, but realized my error as I pulled out a batch of cookies.

3 comments:

Penless Thoughts said...

Who, BUT GOD, would have ever thought of growing pumpkins up several feet off the ground in thorns. Hope you can get a picture on your phone camera. I can just picture it in my mind though. Are you going to try and sell some.....28 is a LOT....of can and prepare it all?
Susan

motherofmany said...

I'm having trouble keeping Bible names straight lately, too. Must be...something.

I love volunteer plants because it is a reminder of how things were created to work. The seeds would fall off or out and be carried by water, wind, or animal to create more plants. Only man would think he is wiser that the Father by making his tidy rows and callong it the agricultural revolution.

retha said...

I remember what it looked like when it was still growing. Hope the phone does its job well.
I can have pumpkin breakfast, lunch, supper. even to me it sounds like a lot you have.