"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Boaz the Ram


Here is Boaz the Ram...I am giving the side view so that you can see the horns. He loves his horns and if you come into the pen without a "goody" for him he thinks that he should ram you!

Now at 5' tall short, I do not wish for any confusion in the ram world...so I have a new found tip. Perhaps many before have learned this, but as a new farm family, I am still learning. I just grab his right horn. Yep, I grab on while walking around and he and I become joined at the hip while I do what is needed in the pen. I taught my daughter this as she is vertically challenged too!

Bill uses the cane...I would never have believed it had I not seen it. Bill puts his cane in front of Boaz's head and it stops the "ramming". Boaz just ceases the ramming! It is so incredible to learn so many things, almost at once!

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Boaz is cute!! That's neat, you figured out how to distract him.

My husband's mom has a mean ram, and the first time we met him, he started ramming the kids and actually bruised one of them. I didn't know what to do except frantically try to put the kids behind me, but he just wanted to ram them and kept trying to go around me as we were trying to get out of the pen. Finally my husband heard all the yelling and grabbed him by the horn and pushed him away. He said we should have known better than to go in the pen. I was thinking, you know, sheep are safe, I thought it would be a fun petting zoo type thing. But he said, why do you think we call them RAMS? So now we stay out of the pen!! =)

Memories for a Lifetime said...

What a neat animal..

I can just see you holding his horn while in the pen!!

Love his name too!!