"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, August 18, 2008

Simple Rewards at the Fair


Second's first place entry in the cookie category(center). He created a new recipe that he called Desert Dust!

The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. Isaiah 35:1



My entry in leavened breads category. On my first attempt at making Pinto Bean bread, first place!

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4


My entry in the unleavened bread category...Applesauce bread.

And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.


Here are Bill's entries! He entered the dried beans from last years final harvest in November. He won first place for the Anasazi beans, and second for the pinto beans, and second for the green beans.

Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof. Ezekiel 4:9


I made this for 2007 Christmas. I listed all the places we have lived, and where each family member was born. I entered this in the Handcraft division.

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Ruth 1:16

I love the book of Ruth. When I married Bill, I became of him and we became a family. No children ~yet we were a family. So when I read Ruth, I loved this passage. Our family began and off we went together where ever needed. One child, two child, three child, four

. This game that I made shows our triumphs together all over this wonderful world that the Lord created. As we circle the board time and time again I reflect on each step that we have taken. I reflect on the state that I lived in when I was born again...I reflect on the town we lived in when I thought that I lost my beloved in an auto accident...each time I was comforted...as the Lord has been with us all along...and thy God has become my God.

6 comments:

blackberrycottage said...

Jen, I loved your post! All the amazing breads. your family games is something extra special and I am sure will be a precious game held forever in your dear family.
I would love your apple sauce bread recipe if you could send it (if I'm allowed :-)
bless you,
Sandra nz

Jungle Mom said...

WOW! Your family did good!

~~Deby said...

Wowza...Jennifer...you guys cleaned up at the fair....WOW....
Congratulations to all of you...
~~Deby
(has your box arrived?)

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Wonderful post!! I love your family board game and all the things you all made are just great. You deserved every ribbon. connie

Memories for a Lifetime said...

Once again I am amazed by your resourcefulness!!

You won all this from the work of your hands (family), and God's blessing!!

You deserve the honors!!

Penless Thoughts said...

So proud of ALL of you. We are hoping by next year Mickey will have some honey to enter into the fair :o)
Susan