"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Thursday, August 28, 2008

cHeCkErs ANyONe?

well I am going to continue to blog...long story...and too long to bore any once again. Thanks for the kind words you all left in the comments.


Remember how I have described my home as a humble...............humble place. Well the carpeting was residual of the Jimmy Hoff*a murder I am sure. I spent the first three months ripping out these horrific things and then scrubbing down the sub-floor. {We have not budgeted for flooring...we do see real wood planks in the future...slow and steady.} Oops back to the project. When we bought the property I bought 3-five gallons of paint in my favorite three colors...and so I used the color that I have painted the outside on the sub-floor. It solved the problem but I still thought it needed more.

So here is the floor in the dining room before I painted the sub-floor...
Sick, gross, and disgusting...who spills so much stuff without blotting to clean up? I struggled with this as I wanted something to cover this. I first covered it with a RID-X paint. Then I painted it...and it looked like I painted the sub-floor.


Two nights ago I dreamed I painted it...this way:

So I did...on my Anniversary.
I gave us a new dining room floor.
My sweet blind kitty is just checking out the digs. I will have to by something to seal in...so for now - just think it is shiny...(oh and ignore the footprint left by any one of my sons(oldest home too) or Bill!!!!!)

8 comments:

B-Bon said...

Jennifer ~ so glad you're staying in blog-land...I only recently discovered you and have enjoyed 'getting to know you'. What a great idea for your floor. Looks great! BTW, I have a nearly-blind kitty; at best we think she may see some shadows, but not much more. She has liver shunts, and had been having seizures. She's now on a med and doing better but won't have a 'normal' lifespan. And she's the sweetest kitty. God gave her to us to love and care for, and we do.

JAN said...

I'm glad you're staying too. I lurk here nearly every day but rarely leave a comment. Sorry!
I love your new floor. Our kitchen floor is a mess. My big fantasy is to rip up the cheap linolium, pour CEMENT and paint that. :-)
Anyway-your floor does look good!

Glenn Bartley said...

I don't know what you think, but I am wondering if the folks before you have somewhat of a flood, or if they owned cats. Whatever, by using the coat of primer-sealer (the Rid-X) you should not have a problem. The floor looks pretty good to me, certainly much better than having carpet in your kitchen. Just too much wet stuff in the kitchen to have carpets there.

All the best,
GB

Kitty said...

Now look at that!!! Beautiful!!!! What a cute vintage look, and even the table and benches match. Great Job!!!! =)

MightyMom said...

fabulous!

Mobunny said...

I LOVE it.

~~Deby said...

I LOVE it....great job Jennifer...you are so creative...
Deby

Penless Thoughts said...

Great job!!!
Susan