"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Baa Baa Black Sheep


Sheep day! Here are 3 black Navajo sheep. The plans changed a bit. One of the lambs is male and one female. But the male is a great one! He has four horns, and this is not too common, so we are pleased to have this guy named Quatro(of course). The female has been gracefully named Maryanne! The ewe is awaiting a name.{Maisy the goat on the side}


Click on the picture to enlarge.


Oops not all are black sheep!


This is Boaz the ram. He is by far my favorite and the most docile. The white sheep is Ruth(can I say of course again?!) I named these two after two of my favorite people in the Bible. I love the book of Ruth...:p


I am adding these 2 lower photos- here is Fourth with *her* lamb Maryanne!


Here is a better picture of Quatro!

5 comments:

my house by the river said...

Jennifer;

I love the book of Ruth also. Your sheep look great!

I get my farm-life dose from visiting you as much as I can :)

mari

Harry said...

I assume you will be getting wool, at least 3 bags full?






Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Pam said...

Your girlie is looking so mature since I last saw her in a photo! Wow don't they grow up so fast.

The sheep are cute and I loved that you named a pair Ruth and Boaz.

~~Deby said...

oh these are such great pictures and I love the names that you have come up with...you are one clever lady...your daughter is so pretty, Jennifer.....
Deby

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Wow!! Fourth has grown so much. I can't believe that was her.

The sheep are very pretty and look so healthy. I like the names you picked.

I also love the book of Ruth, I read it often. connie from Texas