"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Slowing Down


{Carl Larson print}

On my journey to simplicity I have truly slowed down and had many a reflective day. I love this print because I see a woman who enjoys her home, her life and the simple beauty that exists around her.

Notice the lovely display of flowers decorating the table. Friends, it is time to slow down and make our homes beautiful without spending money. I love my quiet time and see me in this print, although my writings take place on a laptop.

Don't forget to embrace something simple today. Put your feet up and remember the world will not stop because you have taken a rest.
Jennifer

7 comments:

diana said...

i love this print also. it gives you a peaceful feeling just looking and reflecting on it.

i've slowed down not necessarily by choice but because we're on the verge of being empty nesters. at first, it wasn't comfortable, but now i'm getting used to it and enjoying it.

no treasures on earth said...

Good Morning;

The print is quite beautiful just b/c of the simplicity of the print. I am sitting here realizing that slowing is a good thing!

blessings,

mari

philosophywithinpoetry said...

I do luv the print, as well as your analysis - and one can so readly agree with.

As I awaken from a wee nap (afternoon - here) I find the benefits and the awakened mind ready to see again.

blackberrycottage said...

Jennifer, thank you for this timely reminder. I often am so busy I do not stop to admire the flowers, or smell them. I love the picture too. It's so serene, so soothing and restful. Just how I would like to be more often. Have a wonderful blessed day
hugs Sandra from NZ

Daughter of the King said...

I love this print too...I desire a simplicity of life and of the heart.....does that make sense?
Deby

MightyMom said...

too lovely!!

Pam said...

Words of wisdom my dear, words of wisdom!