"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Not Good


Here is the road to the east of us about 2 miles away. My sons are 'posing' but the reality of the canyon and the rain and flooding is very real.


This is the pecan/ pistachio farm near us.


Here is the rail line that borders the back of our property. It is about 4' deep here, and the rail road workers are actually pumping the water.


Same rail crossing heading east.


Same crossing facing west...sorry the pictures are out of order.


This water is crossing the road and we backed up and turned around.


Almost closed in, where we live.

Our property had much flooding on the back and we have been busy working and salvaging and trying to keep animals calm as can be. We heard last night that we got over 2" yesterday. New Mexico averages 9 inches per year. So you understand how devastating that this has been for us.

More later.
Jennifer

10 comments:

Kitty said...

No, it doesn't look good... I will keep you guys in prayers!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie said...

I'm so sorry for all that water, water everywhere! Wow! Keep us updated. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Memories for a Lifetime said...

We understand your dilemma.....however, we did not have a farm to rescue!!

You are close in prayer!!

Penless Thoughts said...

Just saw your prayer request. You know we are praying for the farm, animals and all of you, especially Bill. Thanks for the pictures.
Susan

Kitty said...

Hi Jennifer, I'm not sure if the email I have is correct for you, so I'll just answer here about the gums... I finally broke down after months of self care that wasn't working and went to the dentist... turned out I had bone loss in my jaw (prob. from so many pregnancies and not going to the dentist sooner, I suppose) So they treated the inflammation with a prescription mouthwash (peridex, $4 for generic presc. at WalMart)It worked within a week and I still have almost the whole bottle left. Instead of rinsing with it, you just pour some onto your toothbrush and brush it onto your gums a few times a day. The other thing they told me, is I was actually flossing too much, so I should just do it once a day and very carefully!! Hope that helps =)

Jason & Anna Wilkinson (polar acres) said...

We have had a lot of rain this summer, and felt like we could be washed away. But these pictures look bad. I had no idea this was going on with you all down there.
We will keep you in our prayers.
~~Blessings, Anna~~

my house by the river said...

Oh Jenn, my prayers are with you and your family!

It is hard to stay calm when something like this is happening, but remember that you can only control just so much. Stay safe, and hopefully your animals will sense calmness from you and yours.

My prayers will continue...keep us posted when you can.

mari

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh my Jen hon. That reminds me so of the flooding we had last year and this year. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I have been praying for you and your family Jennifer. I had heard about the flooding on tv. I knew you must live somewhere around where it was going on. I sure hope God see fit to let things get better soon. Take care and May God bless and keep you and yours safe. connie from Texas

blackberrycottage said...

Oh boy those pics are amazing. LOL, I thought superman had come to the rescue, haha!!
Has it subsided yet? We had a tornado near here this morning and it is STILL raining. The wind has died down a little thankfully.
hugs Sandra nz