"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Sunday, July 6, 2008

In the World Not of the World

As I suggested my Sunday topic will be filled far into the future. I am writing of living in the world and not of the world. This is a concept that many who profess to be Christians either do not understand or they justify their reasoning behind their actions. The Bible is very clear as to how we are to live. The Bible is very clear on whether we should be of the world or not. Now to the big question, are you clear on where you are as a Christian?

I am not trying to be harsh or as some shall think legalistic, but rather sound. Did you know that the word Laodicea means people ruling, or human rights? Did you know that this is the state of our church today…whether it is a home church, large community center, or the quaint little church on the corner. We are a church that is lukewarm. Now I know that some who read this are shaking their heads saying no, not my church, we are on fire! Friends- we Americans have no idea. We are a materialistic, self centered society that thinks that we are just fine. In fact we believe that we need no one.

So how are we to live in this world and not be of the world? I mean if I turn from the world I will be considered a freak! People will look down upon me. In fact my friends, coworkers and family may think that I am psychotic and in need of therapy. You see that is because we are a church of human rights…validating behavior and labeling behaviors based on man’s interpretation, and not of God’s interpretation. If you are not being persecuted even in a tiny degree, perhaps you are not in God’s will.

Let’s see what should you think on? Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.(Philippians 4:8)

Where do you fit in? Are you denying self and taking up your cross daily, or are you fulfilling self through self help activities either through the church or independently?

Do you avoid correcting another that is clearly out of the will of God, for fear of appearing to judge? Do you skirt truth to fit in? I know that these are some tough questions, but Revelation is very clear as to the condition of the church. Sadly being lukewarm means that many refuse to acknowledge that they are out of His will.

Here are some things that we as Christians must understand, although we are to heartily await His call for His church; we should also be burdened with the lost. We should be burdened with how similar our times resemble the days of Noah, and we should fear Him, and not those who may laugh or giggle because you are in His Word, dress modestly and yes, are adhering to His ways, and not of mans.

Friends judging and anger and feeling superior are characteristics of being a legalist. But, avoiding the very appearance of evil, not blending with the non Christians and being a follower of Christ are who you should be.

What about your priorities for your children? Do you desire that they attend college and have a good career or are you burdened with the child’s eternal future, not being unequally yoked (2 Cor. 6:14), and then praying for the next generation? This is where we can determine truly where you are. And yes, education and the child’s career are worldly (1 Cor. 2:5).

So are you living in the World or just visiting? This is an eternal question as Jesus will spit out those who are lukewarm, and the church in America plugs in exactly to lukewarm….You know appeasing to rights of man(women’s rights =pastors; gay rights; the humanistic agenda) instead of obedient to His word…a pastor(bishop) shall only have one wife…sodomy is an unnatural act… evolution…and even believing that God used evolution to have His Will done.

What should you do? Repent and turn from your sin, and leave your sins. Get in His Word. Receive Jesus as your personal Saviour. Wondering how to do that? Email mcbenningministries(at)yahoo(dot) com.

8 comments:

motherofmany said...

Well said.

Kristenmomof3 said...

wonderful post

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Very good post! Please forgive me for not reading your blog the last week. It no longer comes up on my blog reader and with my memory, I need all the hints I can get! LOL! So I am catching up now. I loved all the pictures and your other posts by the way! huggles!

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Beautiful!!! connie from Texas

THANK YOU.

Daughter of the King said...

Excellant post Jennifer, I have read this yesterday or Sunday and have mulled it around....so much truth..
Deby

Joanne said...

Amen sister ... a few things came to mind:
2 Timothy 3:12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
1 Peter 1:15But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Also, I just watched something on google video - a sermon of Keith Daniel titled "A Warning To America" .. worth watching.

In Christ,
Joanne

Penless Thoughts said...

I'm just getting around to reading this. I'm having trouble getting your link on bloglinks for some reason. Good words Jennifer as always.

We are very aware of the flooding that the people north of us have been suffering and I have been hard in prayer for them and it. I did not realize you were having such rain in NM.
Susan

Kitty said...

Jennifer, I don't know if you will see this comment since the post was a couple of weeks ago... but here goes... WHAT is the humanistic agenda? I have seen that term in a few places now, and although I have looked it up, I cannot figure out exactly what it is, and why it's wrong. (I could only guess.) For example, I read a criticism of Laura Ingalls Wilder that her work revealed a "latent humanism" (?) but then, looked up the term and found it to be a psychology movement from the 1950's. I am confused and curious!!