"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hurricane in the Desert?

As I wrote on my other blog, we are feeling the effects of hurricane Dolly this far inland. Although I did not take pictures this time, here are some of the chicks and one of our Ameraucana's from flooding that happened earlier this month. Clearly all were sopping wet!




The goats are not water creatures. I cannot say that I am surprised, but poor Daisy and Maizy!

More when time permits.
Jennifer

3 comments:

Harry said...

Some friends of mine are moving to New Mexico. The husband is out there a lot supervising the building of their new house. The wife complains that every time she goes out there it's raining. Now I know that she's not making things up. After all, it is desert there, right?

Kitty said...

Oh, those poor wet chickens!!!

I have been watching the news of the rain down south and thinking of you all at Double Nickel Farm.... I hope and pray your family stays safe and your property undamaged!!!!!!!

Glenn Bartley said...

Hopefully your house is high and dry.