"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Farm Project(s)


{Carl Larson print}

This print is titled Potato Harvest. This represents things happening here. Not the actual harvest, but the gritty, dirty feeling one gets digging up the potatoes. Finally the rains have stopped! The mud is still here and there and all but one large puddle has dried up. I am trying to get all the shoes, boots and entrance ways clean of muddy footprints...oh it is even on the walls.

Outside the animals are all switched around...as the pen to the second youngest hens flooded and needs to dry out and the house completely aired out. The chicks(newest) have been moved to temporary quarters in Bill's workshop(translation-tool shed on hold), and the goose and one turkey sustained some minor injuries which have turned my daughter and I into emergency vets!

We have done a complete assessment to the reasoning of the flooding and the neighbors property that borders a culvert has not been cleaned out in a year or two. Our property flooded from his side in the rear. I am sure that the kids will be the culvert cleaning crew, as the price to not weed it will be costly for us. Fortunately this will be an easy fix, albeit hard work.

Oh and for all my friends that live in high humidity areas...oh I am so sorry for you. I am struggling daily as the humidity is high for us! According to accuview weather our humidity is at 44%!Ugh!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I saw this on a few blogs and decided to go for it...I often think about my life and how I have become more frugal...so here it is

101

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!



I guess that I am doing ok according to this simple quiz!

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Hi Jen, I haven't visited with you in so long I wanted to come say hi now that we are back online at home! (I go this link from Connie's and have enjoyed looking at all the pictures from your beautiful farm!! I am so sorry about all the flooding, though, I saw it on the news)

This was a fun test... unbelievable, but I also scored over 100...??? I had a lot of flaws, though, like not dressing for breakfast or washing the top of the milk jug. Do you think shampooing or manicuring your husband was supposed to be a positive or a negative? I do give haircuts, though, hmmmm...

Have a great weekend!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hi Jen hon! So sorry about all the flooding woes! And not to belittle your 44% humidity, but that would seem nice after our 65% this morning before the rains came. Katie and I about melted on our walk!

Daughter of the King said...

oh....my goodness...are you busy or what ?
I will pray that the Lord will keep your strength up as well as your team members....
You got a great score, I was 93...oh well...
Press on...
Deby

Penless Thoughts said...

Here is mine
82

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Superior
Susan