"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Awakened By A Lovely Aroma

Have you ever been awakened by a wonderful aroma? Perhaps you smelled coffee being brewed, or a heavenly breakfast being prepared. Well at just 3:25 a.m. I am sitting in my family room enjoying the smell of RAIN!

Oh I forgot it could smell so great! Many times we forget how something so normal for so many may be such a joy for another. This year has been so impacting to those in the Midwest US, with the flooding, that I hesitated even posting about the early morn rain.

Well I will sit here in the dark and enjoy the sensational breezy rain smell just a while longer, and then head back to my slumber!

8 comments:

philosophy within poetry said...

For a brief moment Jen, I thought you were referring to my 'Cherry & Vanilla pipe tobacco!!!

Ah well, your's does sound more appealing and the freshness of rain has its appeal as we see nature hard at work as we sleep.

MightyMom said...

what are you doing up at 4am????

I love the smell of rain myself. but my favorite smell/memory is being awoken to the smell of Grandma making a big ol country breakfast!! biscuits and sausage gravy sausage, scrambled eggs, grits, oatmeal....I think we ate more at breakfast than at dinner...but then again, maybe not...

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I am so happy that you were blessed with the rain, Rain to smell and rain that is so needed. Hope the great day has continued for you. connie from Texas

Mari said...

I am glad that you got to enjoy the rain - the smell is quite wonderful. We have had quite a bit of rain here by my neck of the woods - in fact, the rain you received is probably what is coming our way tomorrow...

many blessings,

mari

Joanne said...

Rain is one of my most favorite smells. It was very hot and humid all day today. We have a/c but I play a 'game' each year to see how long I can last before turning it on. I almost caved today ... then I saw the clouds coming in. RAIN! It only lasted for about 20 minutes, but that was just enough to cool it down a lot leave such a nice smell.
No a/c yet ...
:)

In Christ,
Joanne

Pam said...

JEN!! Why are you keeping my hours!??? Sweet post though. I can only imagine how refreshing and fulfilling that rain would be to those desert dwellers!

A Note From Theresa said...

I love the rain. It has been thunder storming here but I still love it.

I'm glad your getting some of this wonderful rain.

diana said...

the smell of rain is one of my favorites.