"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday Snapshots


This actually was from last night. The weather here has been really unusual and has me wondering what will happen next.

This is the mountain in Ruidoso NM. I am not sure if you can tell from the photo, but that is snow on the mountain peak. I was speechless when I looked out front.

I must mention here that I live in Southern New Mexico and live in a very arid area. We do have rain in late June and July(and October) but minimal. I believe that the average rainfall for Southern New Mexico is around 8 inches.

Snow in mid-May!!!
**********************************************************************************
The times are rapidly advancing. Are you ready? Unsure what I mean? email questions to mcbenningministries(at) yahoo(dot)com.

4 comments:

Memories for a Lifetime said...

Fabulous pictures, Jen!!

We are reminded---we shall not know the hour or the seasons!!

blackberrycottage said...

hi Jen,
Beautiful photo. I should send you a pretty red sunset we had last week. Spectacular. Hope all is well with you? guess the temps are rising and it's getting pretty hot over your way?
It's getting colder here in NZ. look forward to hearing from you soon.
blessings Sandra nz

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

I loved the pictures. Yes, "Signs of the time are everywhere. There is a brand new feeling in the air." I think maybe we should be looking up, Snow in May,Wow! connie from Texas

Dawn said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog last week and leaving a comment!

We are moving to Grand Prairie Texas...which if you didn't know where that was, is about a rock's throw away from Arlington / Dallas area. :-)

I love taking photos of sunsets...oh I have a nice collection of shots I have taken right from my kitchen window here in Germany! :-) It's awesome to see how God paints His skies each morning and evening. :-)

Tuesday blessings,
Dawn