"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Final(ly) Four!


Well the gang was all together so we had Third's birthday dinner. He chose to have steak, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, rolls, and soda...I added oranges and potatoes. Left bench...First and Fourth; right bench Third and Second...I sit in the seat in front of the window and Bill sits at the end where I was standing to take the photo.

Oh and notice the poor photos due to the light? Thats right, I haven't made the curtain yet. Usually I have up a very thin curtain that I have had for 8 or 9 years. But Fourth was the head of the decorating committee and so we took it down!


Here is the before(the steak came off the grill) and most people on the planet(I would suppose, would have the Pepsi on top of the table) but so far no Pepsi on the table~yet



Notice that the steak is now on the table, but where is the Pepsi? Well under the table of course(Pepsi the Bassett Hound). She waits there pretending to 'be out of the way', when actually she has around 4 kids that seem to think that she would die without table scraps. If I had to name her again- she would be named Scraps!

10 comments:

Memories for a Lifetime said...

YAY---it is a great day when all the kids are together and celebrating!!

Bet Pepsi enjoyed it, too!!

Jungle Mom said...

Fun, and a cute name for the dog!

Daughter of the King said...

oh these are great....
the meal looks good to me...and what a nice looking family...
deby

diana said...

even though third was celebrating his birthday, i'm sure you were celebrating having your whole family together. even the dog =)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a wonderful day! Hope Pepsi had fun too and got tidbits.

MightyMom said...

what dog wouldn't be named scraps if we waited??

great decor! love the Red White Blue theme!

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

How beautiful!!! Wonderderful family, good food, great times. First looks so good and he seems to have grown so. I feel like I am visiting old friends. The smells are wonderful I am sure. It reminds me of home.(except there were a few more children) but such memories. :) love you, connie from Texas

Jackie said...

I agree with Connie. First looks all grown up -- even more so than when he moved out. What a treat to have everyone together for Third's birthday!

Mama Ant said...

You sat a lovely table! I love to set the table nicely. It always adds a little formal spice to a meal.

I like when the olders come back for celebrations and the family is together again.

Looks like you had a great day.

Pam said...

LOL At first I was wondering why you were making such a big deal about the Pepsi!
The steaks made my tummy start growling!